- An exciting opportunity currently exists for a person with high level communication and asset management skills to work within the Engineering Team who are responsible for Mosman's Infrastructure
- Opportunity to join high performing, agile and creative team closely connected with the Mosman community
- Full-time permanent opportunity with a Rostered Day Off every 3 weeks
- Total Package: from $94,213 pa incl. super, plus phone and travel support, 35 hours per week
Mosman Council is committed to its community, innovation, the environment and making a difference at the local level. We offer diverse and challenging work with an opportunity to deliver on initiatives that have a tangible impact on the daily lives of residents. The recruitment and selection of talented staff committed to giving back to the community is a high priority for us, as we know our reputation relies on it.
Our employees enjoy many great benefits, including a 3-weekly Rostered Day Off for full-time staff, public transport travel subsidy program, tertiary study assistance, health and wellbeing initiatives and annual Award increases.
We offer a professional and flexible working environment with many opportunities for upskilling and cross-unit collaboration. We take pride in having a supportive and progressive workplace culture.
About the Opportunity
In this role you will liaise the engineering, open space, property and finance teams to facilitate updating and improving the asset management framework of Mosman Council.
You will also focus on ensuring that that Council’s Asset Management systems and data is maintained, updated and provide reports on assets to Council, Audit Committee, Finance and other agencies. Your day to day work will involve coordinating assessments of fair value, depreciation, life cycle management, useful lives, disposal costs, conditions, forward planning and risk management. You will also assist other team members using the asset management system.
The is a great opportunity for you to have a genuine impact on our community.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering, Asset Management or related field
- Minimum of two years' experience in Asset Management or related field
- Demonstrated understanding of Asset Management principles and practice
- Demonstrated experience working with standard Asset Management Systems such as AssetFinda or equivalent
- Demonstrated commitment to the accurate data management and improving process for data management
- Demonstrated experience with managing revaluations, assessment of useful lives and providing budget forecasts.
- Current NSW Driver’s License
- Valid COVID-19 vaccination certificate
How to Apply
- Apply now by completing the online application form below. Please note you need to complete your application in one sitting, as you cannot save it and come back to it later.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria via an online questionnaire. You must answer all required field before you can submit your application.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume/CV and other documentation relevant to the position.
- All documents uploaded must be in Microsoft Word, PDF or JPEG format.
- For further information about the role, please contact Polly Makim on 02 9978 4047 during business hours for a confidential discussion or see the attached Position Description.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Mosman Council, 573 Military Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088.
Applications close: 11.30pm, 8 August 2022
Mosman Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Mosman Council is committed to creating safer communities for children and young people.