Casual Children and Families Services Assistant
- Exciting job opportunity to facilitate programs for children and families within Mosman
- Join a close-knit and supportive team at a progressive lower north shore council
- From $34.92 per hour including casual loading
Join us in creating a vibrant, progressive and sustainable community.
We are an innovative and progressive lower north shore Council with a rich history dating back to the 1890s and many heritage-listed sites. With an abundance of amenities and attractions, this area has something to offer everyone.
We are a smaller Council, offering diverse and rewarding work. As a Casual Children and Families Services Assistant you will be part of a small but ambitious Council, supporting our greatest asset- our community.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilise your skills in the area of Children and Families to facilitate programs including playgroups, activities and events.
Mosman Council have a close-knit culture, with networking encouraged to support all teams.
Why You'll Like Working Here
At Mosman Council, we are committed to our community and its environment and provide our employees with the same level of commitment and care.
As a close knit team you will experience a connected and supportive environment.
The team you will join is welcoming and knowledgeable and ready to collaborate to continually improve our systems and processes.
We offer diverse and rewarding work, ongoing training and development opportunities, health and fitness subsidy, tertiary study assistance program, access to fitness passport offering discounted gym memberships, and genuine work-life balance. Additionally, our staff have the opportunity to deliver on initiatives that have a tangible impact on the daily lives of residents.
We invite you to learn more about what Mosman Council has to offer. View the full list here.
What You'll Be Working On
You will undertake the full range of Children and Families services including facilitating a safe place for play and development to allow children to connect with their parents and the community through a playgroup.
Your day to day work will involve developing educational programs tailored to children’s needs and building relationships with their parents and carers.
This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate person eager to support the facilitation of programs, activities and events in accordance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
What You'll Bring to the Role
With a certificate 3 (or near completion) or higher in early Childhood Education and Care or similar field or demonstrated equivalent experience in a related field, you will be committed to delivering outstanding customer service.
You will bring comprehensive knowledge and experience working with children and families, and will be committed to keeping your knowledge of current guidelines, practices and relevant legislation up to date.
You will also have proven ability to exercise responsibility in contributing to creating a safe space for play and development to allow children to connect with their parents and community through activities and programs in particular playgroups.
In addition to the above, you will also hold a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate, current first aid certificate and asthma and anaphylaxis certification.
The position is identified as a Child-Related position under the Commission of Children and Young People Act 1998 and the successful candidate is required to hold a valid Working With Children Check
How to Apply
- Apply now by completing the online application form below. Please note can save your application and come back to it later.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria via an online questionnaire. You must answer all required field before you can submit your application.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume/CV and other documentation relevant to the position.
- All documents uploaded must be in Microsoft Word, PDF or JPEG format.
- For further information about the role, please contact Michelle Povah on 9978 4166 during business hours for a confidential discussion or see the attached Position Description.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Mosman Council, 573 Military Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088.
Applications close: 11.30pm, 8 February 2023
Mosman Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Mosman Council is committed to creating safer communities for children and young people.