Care Programs Officer
- Exciting job opportunity to make a positive impact in the lives of older people in the community
- Full-time permanent opportunity with a rostered day off every 3 weeks
- Join a close-knit and supportive team at a progressive lower north shore council
- From $63,772 to $80,127.32 pa plus superannuation
Join us in creating a vibrant, progressive and sustainable community.
We are an innovative and progressive lower north shore Council with a rich history dating back to the 1890s and many heritage-listed sites. With an abundance of amenities and attractions, this area has something to offer everyone.
We are a smaller Council, offering diverse and rewarding work. As a Care Programs Officer you will be part of a small but ambitious Council, supporting our greatest asset- our community.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilise your skills in the area of Care Programs to support community members to remain independent in their own home.
Mosman Council have a close-knit culture, with networking encouraged to support all teams.
Why You'll Like Working Here
At Mosman Council, we are committed to our community and its environment and provide our employees with the same level of commitment and care.
As a close knit team you will experience a connected and supportive environment.
The team you will join is welcoming and knowledgeable and ready to collaborate to continually improve our systems and processes.
We offer diverse and rewarding work, ongoing training and development opportunities, health and fitness subsidy, tertiary study assistance program, access to fitness passport offering discounted gym memberships, and genuine work-life balance. Additionally, our staff have the opportunity to deliver on initiatives that have a tangible impact on the daily lives of residents.
We invite you to learn more about what Mosman Council has to offer. View the full list here.
What You'll Be Working On
Your day to day work responsibility will involve managing intake, assessment and coordinating a range of social support programs and events.
You will support and coordinate social support groups including dementia friendly programs community as well as volunteer led programs that provide support and connection for Seniors .
This is an ideal opportunity for a hardworking, dynamic individual with exceptional customer service skills. You will have an understanding of Commonwealth Home Support Programs (CHSP) and Individual Support Plan development as well as dementia and memory loss.
What You'll Bring to the Role
With Tertiary qualifications in Social work, Psychology, Community Services or other relevant qualification, you will be committed to delivering outstanding customer service.
You will bring knowledge and experience working with seniors including intake, assessment and care coordinator. You will be committed to keeping your knowledge of Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP), My Aged Care and National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) frameworks up to date.
In addition to the above, you will also hold a current Class C Driver Licence and a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate.
This position is subject to a National Police Check undertaken by Council.
How to Apply
- Apply now by completing the online application form below. Please note you can save your application and come back to it later.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria via an online questionnaire. You must answer all required field before you can submit your application.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume/CV and other documentation relevant to the position.
- All documents uploaded must be in Microsoft Word, PDF or JPEG format.
- For further information about the role, please contact Sally Severino on 9978 4056 during business hours for a confidential discussion or see the attached Position Description.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Mosman Council, 573 Military Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088.
Applications close: 11.30pm, 1 February 2023
Mosman Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Mosman Council is committed to creating safer communities for children and young people.