Casual Youth Services Assistant
- Exciting casual job opportunity to work at an award winning and innovative Youth Service on a range of programs
- Join a close-knit and supportive team at a progressive lower north shore council
- From $34.92 per hour (inclusive of casual loading)
Join us in creating a vibrant, progressive and sustainable community.
We are an innovative and progressive lower north shore Council with a rich history dating back to the 1890s and many heritage-listed sites. With an abundance of amenities and attractions, this area has something to offer everyone.
We are a smaller Council, offering diverse and rewarding work. As a Casual Youth Services Assistant you will be part of a small but ambitious Council, supporting our greatest asset- our community.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilise your skills in the area of Youth Services to provide high level supervision and care for young people accessing Council services.
Mosman Council have a close-knit culture, with networking encouraged to support all teams.
Why You'll Like Working Here
At Mosman Council, we are committed to our community and its environment and provide our employees with the same level of commitment and care.
As a close knit team, you will experience a connected and supportive environment.
The team you will join is welcoming and knowledgeable and ready to collaborate to continually improve our systems and processes.
We offer diverse and rewarding work, ongoing training and development opportunities, health and fitness subsidy, tertiary study assistance program, access to fitness passport offering discounted gym memberships, and genuine work-life balance. Additionally, our staff have the opportunity to deliver on initiatives that have a tangible impact on the daily lives of residents.
We invite you to learn more about what Mosman Council has to offer. View the full list here.
What You'll Be Working On
You will work across a range of youth development programs and support the day-to-day operations of the Mosman Youth Centre to provide quality experiences for a diverse community of young people.
This is an ideal opportunity for an enthusiastic and passionate person eager to support the facilitation of programs, activities and events in accordance with relevant legislative and regulatory requirements.
What You'll Bring to the Role
With qualifications or currently studying in fields relevant to working with young people and the community, you will be committed to delivering outstanding customer service.
You will bring demonstrated experience working with young people, and their families in a professional context and will be committed to keeping your knowledge of current issues impacting young people and their families up to date.
In addition to the above, you will also hold a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate and a current first aid certificate.
The position is identified as a Child-Related position under the Commission of Children and Young People Act 1998 and the successful candidate is required to hold a valid Working with Children Check.
How to Apply
- Apply now by completing the online application form below. Please you can save your applications and come back to it later.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria via an online questionnaire. You must answer all required field before you can submit your application.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume/CV and other documentation relevant to the position.
- All documents uploaded must be in Microsoft Word, PDF or JPEG format.
- For further information about the role, please contact Matthew Wyatt on 9978 4142 during business hours for a confidential discussion or see the attached Position Description.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online; however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Mosman Council, 573 Military Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088.
Applications close: 11.30pm, 2 February 2023
Mosman Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion.
Mosman Council is committed to creating safer communities for children and young people.