Road Safety Officer
- Great opportunity to assist in traffic and transport matters related to road safety
- Full-time permanent opportunity with a Rostered Day Off every 3 weeks
- Total Package: From $88,361 to $109,906 pa incl. super, travel support, 35 hours per week
Join us in creating a vibrant, progressive and sustainable community.
We are an innovative and progressive lower north shore Council with a rich history dating back to the 1890s and many heritage-listed sites. With an abundance of amenities and attractions, this area has something to offer everyone.
We are a smaller Council, offering diverse and rewarding work. As a Road Safety Officer you will be part of a small but ambitious Council, supporting our greatest asset our community.
This role will provide you with the opportunity to utilise your skills in the area of road transport to coordinate the development and implementation of Council’s Road Safety Strategy and Action Plan and assist in other transport related matters.
Mosman Council have a close-knit culture, with networking encouraged to support all teams.
Why You’ll Like Working Here
At Mosman Council, we are committed to our community and its environment and provide our employees with the same level of commitment and care.
As a close-knit team, you will experience a connected and supportive environment.
The team you will join is welcoming and knowledgeable and ready to collaborate to continually improve our systems and processes.
We offer diverse and rewarding work, ongoing training and development opportunities, health and fitness subsidy, tertiary study assistance program, access to fitness passport offering discounted gym memberships, and genuine work-life balance. Additionally, our staff have the opportunity to deliver on initiatives that have a tangible impact on the daily lives of residents.
We invite you to learn more about what Mosman Council has to offer. View the full list here.
What You’ll be Working On
In this role you will coordinate, develop and implement the Road Safety Strategy and Action Plan to help achieve our objective of maintaining a safe and effective road network in Mosman local government area.
This role has a strong emphasis on the development and delivery of community education campaigns, traffic engineering and programs to enhance road safety.
The is a great opportunity for you to have a genuine impact on our community and encourage behavioural change, improve knowledge and raise road safety awareness in Mosman.
What You’ll Bring to the Role
To be successful in this role you will hold Tertiary qualifications in a Behavioural Science, Transport Planning, Education, Health Promotion, Marketing and Communications, Science or related disciplines as well as specialist skills in communication, marketing and education. Alternatively extensive relevant road safety experience would be highly regarded.
You will bring experience in road and traffic safety investigation, parking need assessments, statistical analysis and research and ability to write and present reports.
In addition to the above, you will also hold a valid Covid-19 vaccination certificate and a Current Class C driver’s licence.
How to Apply:
- Apply now by completing the online application form below. Please note you can save your application and come back to it later.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria via an online questionnaire. You must answer all required field before you can submit your application.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume/CV and other documentation relevant to the position.
- All documents uploaded must be in Microsoft Word, PDF or JPEG format.
- For further information about the role, please contact Sam Sathanesan on 02 9978 4022 during business hours for a confidential discussion or see the attached Position Description.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Mosman Council, 573 Military Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088.
Applications close: 11:30pm 4 December 2023
Mosman Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to a safe workplace.
Mosman Council is committed to creating safer communities for children and young people.