Team Leader Sustainability
- Opportunity to join high performing, agile and creative team closely connected with the Mosman community
- Salary from $91,861 to $111,889 p.a. including superannuation
- Vehicle allowance or an electric bike may be negotiated
Mosman Council is committed to its community, innovation, the environment and making a difference at the local level. The recruitment and selection of talented staff committed to giving back to the community is a high priority for us, as we know our reputation relies on it.
About the Job
This newly created position will be a leader in delivering Mosman’s first Council Climate Action Plan and Resilience Strategy. This is an opportunity for a talented candidate to make a difference and represent Mosman Council on committees and work with key stakeholders across the field. The position will have a hands on role in resilient and climate change projects and will work across the functions of Council to deliver sustainable outcomes.
The role will:
- provide leadership to Council’s Sustainability Team comprising of a Waste Education Officer and a Sustainability Officer;
- develop and implement a Climate Action Plan and Resilience Strategy;
- work collaboratively with key groups to deliver Councils response to Climate Change;
- be a resource to the Mosman Community on sustainability actions and initiatives.
Some after hours work may be required for workshops and community working groups.
Mosman Council offers employees a professional and flexible working environment. We take pride in having a supportive and progressive workplace culture. Mosman Council has been formally recognised as an exceptional place to work, winning the Voice Project’s Best Workplace Award for 2019.
How to Apply
- Apply now by completing the online application form below. Please note you need to complete your application in one sitting, as you cannot save it and come back to it later.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria via an online questionnaire. You must answer all required field before you can submit your application.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume/CV and other documentation relevant to the position.
- All documents uploaded must be in Microsoft Word, PDF or JPEG format.
- For further information about the role, please contact Steven Smith on 9978 4025 during business hours for a confidential discussion or see the attached Position Description.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Mosman Council, 573 Military Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088.
Closing Date: 26 January 2020 (11.30pm Sydney time)
Mosman Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.