Community Development Officer Children and Families (part-time)
- Opportunity to make this new role your own
- Work closely with the community developing child centred initiatives
- Permanent part time, 28 hours per week
- TRP from $93,239 to $113,567 pro rata pa inclusive of super
Mosman Council is committed to its community, innovation, the environment and making a difference at the local level. The recruitment and selection of talented staff committed to giving back to the community is a high priority for us, as we know our reputation relies on it.
Our employees enjoy many great benefits, including public transport travel subsidy program, tertiary study assistance, health and well-being initiatives and annual Award increases and performance reviews.
We offer a professional and flexible working environment and take pride in having a supportive and progressive workplace culture. We have been formally recognised as an exceptional place to work, winning the Voice Project’s Best Workplace Award for 2019.
About the opportunity
Are you passionate about working with community to improve education and care services for children and families?
Children and families amount to over 30% of the MOSMAN community and Council has a proud and long record of working with community across all ages. We are seeking a dynamic and professional Children and Families Community Development Officer to join our Community Services team. The focus of the position will be to engage with internal and external stakeholders to develop innovative programs that build community capacity, facilitate community connections and assist with the provision of effective and appropriate children’s services to the Mosman community.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Delivering sector development initiatives with community and local providers to improve the quality of education and care services of children and families in Mosman
- Coordinating local networks and undertaking meaningful and effective consultation to inform service delivery and sector development
- Overseeing a twice-weekly supported playgroup, ensuring all risk, governance and national quality standards are being met
- Planning and coordinating special events in collaboration with other agencies relating to children and families, including Children’s Week, Child Protection Week, and the Mosman Children’s Fair
- Supporting Mosman Council around the National Child safe Standards and to become a Child Safe Council
What you need to succeed?
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Experience of community engagement, or in Community Development
- Capacity to build collaborative partnerships, networks and connections with a range of stakeholders
- An understanding of child safeguarding and a commitment to child safety
- Excellent communication skills as the role demands a proficient level of consultation with internal and external stakeholders
- The position is identified as a Child-Related position under the Commission of Children and Young People Act 1998 and the successful candidate is required to hold a valid Working With Children Check.
- This position is subject to a National Police Check undertaken by Council.
How to Apply:
- Apply now by completing the online application form below. Please note you need to complete your application in one sitting, as you cannot save it and come back to it later.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria via an online questionnaire. You must answer all required field before you can submit your application.
- You will be asked to upload your Resume/CV and other documentation relevant to the position, including proof of entitlement to work and 100 point identification. Click here for a list of acceptable proof of identity documents.
- All documents uploaded must be in Microsoft Word, PDF or JPEG format.
- For further information about the role, please contact Andrew Smith, Manager Community Services on 02 9978 4006 during business hours for a confidential discussion or see the attached Position Description.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Mosman Council, 573 Military Road, Mosman, NSW, 2088.
Closing Date: 7 April 2021, 11:30pm
Mosman Council is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Mosman Council is committed to creating safer communities for children and young people.